Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I've got the virus!

I've recently started reading the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire Series. I'm a huge fan of TrueBlood, and when I got the yearning for a new exciting read I decided to go pick up the first book. I've been reading every chance I get. I just started the second book and I must admit I'm impressed. The books are pretty different from the series. For example, in the books the vampires tell the humans that they are not vampires but victim of a disease that makes them appear dead, allergic to the sun, and left with a hunger for blood. Also, Tara and Lafayette are not a big part of the books at all. I'm glad they made them part of TrueBlood (Layfayette is my favorite character). With all the differences it keeps me interested. Usually when I read a book after watching the movie I get bored because they are so similar. I'm very excited about starting this little journey; there are 15 books. I haven't quite decided on whether or not I'm going to read past where the series is (since I fell in love with TrueBlood first and I don't really want any spoilers). But I hate it when good books end, and Luckley this story won't be ending anytime soon. If your looking for good new series to pick I would definitely recommend this one. Charlaine Harris is an excellent writer. She keeps you on the edge of your seat, with the perfect mixture of the supernatural, humor, adventure and romance.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I've been thinking about starting this series for years and just might have to pick it up now. Welcome to the blogging world :) - Sara

    ReplyDelete