Monday, February 25, 2013

Favorite Things - Brandon Flowers - Flamingo

I am absolutely in love with this album. We first got it on vinyl, and that's still how I prefer to listen to it. (Everything just seems sound better on vinyl doesn't it?) This is Brandon Flowers first solo album. He is the frontman for one of my favorite bands The Killers. I'm always kinda cautious about solo albums. I get worried that I won't like them and that it will change how I feel about a band, but I really do love Flamingo. Flowers always seems to impress me. You can tell that he really means what he sings; he always sounds like he's going to burst and I love it. As my boss, Mark, would say "It's the truth". This is the kind of album that I can listen to over and over again. I like to listen to it while I do yoga. It has it's good mix of ups and downs. I would say most songs are ballad like, but they have a good mix of that awesome synthesized Killers sound. Jilted Lovers and Broken Hearts is a really good work out song I think. It's also one my favorite songs on the album. It's really hard for me to pick one favorite. I just love them all! So if you haven't heard this album yet (or of The Killers) you should go give them a listen, and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment